We have received the procedural schedule from the Maryland Public Service Commission to consider the settlement agreement filed in this proceeding, and look forward to continuing the process.
Since AltaGas and WGL announced their plans to combine, the companies have worked constructively with regulators, community groups and local leaders to ensure Maryland customers have a significant voice and input in the process, and we will continue to do so. The terms of the settlement and the merger represent a tremendous opportunity for Maryland and for Washington Gas’ customers.
The combination, enhanced by the settlement commitments, will put Washington Gas in an even stronger position to deliver exceptional service at affordable rates, more investment in the community and workforce training programs, more clean energy choices to customers, and good, secure jobs right here in the region.
Maryland Public Service Commission Procedural Schedule:
- Testimony by the Settling Parties to be filed by January 5, 2018.
- Reply Testimony by all other Parties who desire to do so to be filed by noon on January 29, 2018.
- Settlement Evidentiary Hearings from Tuesday, February 6 to Friday, February 9, 2018.
- Written public comments on the settlement agreement may also be filed by Friday, February 23, 2018.
- Written Briefs from all parties to be filed by March 1, 2018.